Sunday, October 9, 2011

5 Ingredient Frosting!


      Only five ingredients, that's all it takes to make stellar frosting (Who ever said baking was hard?). In fact, you only really need four ingredients if you aren't planning on using food coloring! A standard or hand held mixer is the only other thing you will need for this recipe for a frosting that is both delicate, creamy, and sweet!


Magic Ingredients:
-8 oz cream cheese
-1 cup of unsalted butter at room temperature
-1 cup powdered sugar
-flavoring extract of your choosing (I used coconut this time!)
-food coloring of your choosing (teal was the color for me)

Let's get started:
1: In a standard mixer blend sugar and butter until fluffy.


2: Blend in cream cheese, flavoring, and food coloring until combined:


I used this batch of frosting to 
make tropical flavored cupcakes:



How jealous are you?



Yours,
Nico


PS, full on cupcake post later today! Can't wait for you to see my pineapple and orange cupcakes with coconut frosting!

4 comments:

  1. I am very jealous! It looks absolutely delicious!

    -Laura xx
    http://wrinkleintimevintage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pretty much need cooking lessons from you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For the record, I am exceptionally jealous right now. I'm about to go stare longingly at my refrigerator light trying to will your tropical cupcakes to appear there. Hope you had a lovely, yummy weekend! -Jennifer

    ReplyDelete

Positive comments are always appreciated!