Saturday, October 1, 2011

Bacon and egg spicy breakfast pizza!



      You may be able to recall a similar recipe here where I used naan as the base for my breakfast pizza. To be honest... I only used naan because my favorite pie crust was not available at my local grocery store! So here is a slightly updated take on the breakfast naan pizza previously featured on this blog. The flaky buttery pie crust makes this dish irresistable. I made this pizza pie for dinner last night and ate half of it all by myself!



Magic Ingredients:
-1 frozen pie crust
-1 cup of grated gruyere cheese
-1/4 of a cup thinly sliced red onion
-1 tablespoon hot sauce
-6 slices of bacon sliced into one inch pieces and pan fried until crisp
-1 green serano pepper diced (seeds removed)
-4 eggs
-salt and pepper to taste

Let's get started!
1: Lay thawed pie crust on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Using a knife cut a half inch border around the crust and puncture holes within the border (but do NOT cut the pie crust all the way thru). 


2: Prebake the crust at 400 degrees for ten minutes.If the crust starts to rise in the middle of baking, just poke it with a fork a few times! Crust should end up looking something like this:



3: Layer gruyere on the crust leaving pockets for the raw eggs, season with salt and pepper to taste as shown below:


4: Add additional toppings: bacon, peppers, onion, and drizzle with hot sauce.


5: Continue baking in the oven for an additional ten mintues or until the egg whites turn opaque:




      ...Now honestly this pizza was so delectable it almost made me want to put on sweatpants and eat the entire thing myself while sitting (or laying like a cat in the sun) on the couch watching a horror flick. Afterwards I would make another one : )


Yours,
Nico





5 comments:

  1. Sounds like the perfect breakfast, and w/o bacon for us veggies! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. i typically end up making this for dinner! paris you should try it! so easy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like what you post. If you have some time come and check out mine.

    http://paquetevistasbien.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously, this looks so delicious, you´ve just made me crave a home-made pizza! Yum!
    Happy Sunday!

    xx Ivana
    Style in the City

    Be sure to enter my giveaway to win an amazing scrapbook software :) http://tinyurl.com/mymemoriesgiveaway

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi ! very beautiful blog!! I follow you!!
    big hug from Italy!
    look my sketches if you want!nick

    http://www.nicksketches.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Positive comments are always appreciated!