Saturday, December 31, 2011

Leather & Cashmere:





Hat- Forever 21, Sweater- Vintage, Belt- Target ,
Skirt- Vintage, Bag- Coach, Watch- Michael Kors,
Shoes- Christian Siriano for Payless


      I recently purchased this quilted leather skirt from Crossroads and while I was very excited to wear it, I wasn't quite sure how to style it. (I had a similar experience with this outfit) Leather can potentially be a difficult fabric to style in a classy manner, here are some of my styling tips:


-To keep a leather skirt from looking trashy, go for pencil length or high waisted styles. 


- Try adding dressy flats, like oxfords. Heels can work also, but I feel a little over done wearing sky high heels with a flashy leather skirt. If you do prefer a little extra height, try a low kitten heel. 


- If I'm wearing leather on the lower half of my outfit I like to balance it out with something soft on the upper half, like this cashmere sweater. Satin would be a nice textural change as well


      Finally, to keep a basic all black outfit less boring, I added a magenta knit hat and leopard print belt. This cheap and inexpensive belt has become a major staple in my wardrobe. Previously styled this same accessory here and here. Gotta love Target right?




Yours,
Nico


PS: Special thanks to my little sister Gracie for taking these photos for me... she's a bit of a ham in front of the camera:


8 comments:

  1. Gracie is TOO cute!!!! I need to see a style post from both of you! Your new skirt is gorgeous!! I love how you styled it, and it fits you 100% :) Happy New Year Nico ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable outfit! You have such a teeny waist!

    http://www.thoreausdaughter.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute post! I love your quilted skirt! so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You might have the tiniest waist ever. Oh, and you're effing adorable.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice blog
    http://www.elpaseodelestilo.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year,hon!I wish you all the best in 2012!Great outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the color of your knit hat!

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Positive comments are always appreciated!