Friday, April 20, 2012

Beach'n Cupcakes!


      This past Easter I baked up a batch of "beach'n" cupcakes. I used a typical white cake recipe and added blue food coloring and banana/coconut extracts in lue of typical vanilla. A lush blue cream cheese frosting and chopped candied pecan "sand" helped achieve the beachy look I was going for. 



*Tip: Instead of sprinkling the chopped pecans onto the cupcake, simply turn the cupcake over and dip it into a narrow bowl of chopped pecans, creating an "island" in an ocean of cream cheese frosting! 



      To make these tropical flavored cupcakes really sing I added cocktail umbrellas and gum balls (as beach balls!) to bring together the entire vacation theme!


       Over the weekend, I'll be enjoying my own private island from the comfort of my own home in the form of these cupcakes : )

Yours,
Nico



9 comments:

  1. mmm these look deliciously different :)

    http://beautyaddictsguidetothegalaxy.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh..I love them, I wish I was at the beach eating them :))) xx Have a great weekend :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love they name:) and look delish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look really YUMMY! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is too cute! You are so creative Nico! One of these days I'm going to try your homemade pie crust! ;)

    XoXo,
    Kimberly

    http://www.AccordingtoKimberly.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are adorable. I would so do these for a patio party or an end of the year school party. Humm, what could I use instead of the pecans?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Omg looks so good!!

    www.styledsealeddelivered.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Positive comments are always appreciated!