Sunday, April 1, 2012

DIY: Organized & Personalized Bookshelves

DIY: Organized & Personalized Bookshelves

DIY: Organized & Personalized Bookshelves by nsaich featuring glitter shoes


      Bookshelves aren't just for reading material anymore. Think of them as a bulletin board used to display all of your favorite pieces of inspiration! Show off your collection of perfume bottles, jewelry, or shoes on one shelf, utilize another for highlighting framed personal photos or memoirs. The possibilities are only limited by your creativity and the best part is, you can switch things up as often as you like, nothing is permanent! Sometimes I like to add a vase of seasonal flowers to bookshelves for a fresh fragrance.On other occasions I like to group items of like color onto shelves for a sleek and uniform appeal (but really nothing its more efficient and timeless than an alphabetized bookcase!). 
      We're experiencing a lot of rainy weather here in Santa Cruz and I plan on spending some of the time indoors reorganizing my bookshelves! How do you spend your time inside when the weather is dreary?

Yours,
Nico


PS: Here's a peek at a couple of shelves!


I keep copies of my favorite children's and young adult books,
this copy of little women is disheveled yet well loved!







A pieced together tea set displayed with Ann Taintor's "we are all utterly unclean."
I like to create small vignette's combining collections with related books on display.


Yours,
Nico

6 comments:

  1. yes, very handy post, this one goes into my likes! still redecorating my appartment (moved over a year ago, but still not finished :p) so I can use all the tips and tricks I can get
    xo,
    Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, the shelf with the tea set is just heavenly :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awr, this seems really handy and i love the little tea set you have!
    -Charlotte
    http://incharlottesshoes.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post Nico! I have some of my shoes displayed on book shelves and i love it!

    P.S. So glad you love Tastespotting...I'm obsessed!


    www.frankieheartsfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute idea Nico! You're so crafty!


    Sending love,
    kimberly
    -xoxo-

    http://www.AccordingtoKimberly.com

    ReplyDelete

Positive comments are always appreciated!