Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Movie Marathon:


      These photos were taken quite awhile ago right before a massive movie marathon session. I feel like I rarely share more deconstructed casual outfits, but I wear this men's chambray shirt so often that I wanted to share. 


(Shirt- American Apparel, Top-Express, Denim-
 Alloy, Shoes- Converse, Watch- Michael Kors)


      I love to watch The Barefoot Contessa, like most aspiring cooks. She is a major inspiration in the culinary world and apparently fashion arena also. Ina Garten (The Barefoot Contessa), is continually caught in a chambray shirt on her television show. I think I heard thru the grapevine that she wears them for aprons. Once I thought about that concept, it made so much sense to me. I'm not a huge fan of overly frilly or girly aprons (My anthropologie apron sadly does not get nearly enough active time in the kitchen). Chambray or denim shirts would button up over clothing, keeping it clean while in the kitchen, denim shirts are durable and easy to wash clean, and most options come with pockets for storing small items like rubber bands. Needless to say, I've been wearing my denim shirt not only for movie sessions but also in the kitchen (constantly). 

Yours,
Nico

10 comments:

  1. I love a deconstructed look - casual and effortless but still stylish. A well-fitting, quality denim shirt is so hard to find these days even though they are very popular. I found one at a thrift shop but it's got a dated cut to it - really big in the shoulders - so I wear it around the house with shorts. And I often cook in it just like Ina!
    I am off to look at American Apparel to see if they still have your shirt in stock.
    Adrienne

    ReplyDelete
  2. That totally makes sense to wear a shirt as an apron! I want one that's made out of towel fabric so I can use it to wipe up afterwards and just throw in the wash! And I need a week's worth!
    --Vivienne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just bought the same shirt...hope it looks as good on me as it does on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute Nico and great apron idea!

    XoXo, Kimberly

    http://www.AccordingtoKimberly.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that first photo - beautiful and effortless... Totally buying the idea of wearing a shirt as an apron..

    xx
    5th&6th

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! Definitely what I would wear to watch movies too!

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking rocking as usual :) PS loving your hair in these pics!

    XO
    www.pearlsandpaws.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. my dear love ur casual look!i am fine holidays now:)how r u?my lipstick is catrice nr 110 pink me up!have a nice day!xo shara

    ReplyDelete

Positive comments are always appreciated!