Monday, December 31, 2012

Shutter Eyes/ Shuts Her Eyes:



     I took this photograph of my neighbor Fallon, to highlight a few baubles and accessories I have been making as of late. These particular necklaces are made with Tiger's Eye and Onyx, two types of stones that I have grown very fond of. I thought it would be fun to style these edgy "teeth" style accessories with a simple but structured blazer as well as Cleopatra inspired makeup. When I shot this photo manually I put my shutter speed on very slow so that Fallon's eyes (while blinking) would have a unearthly effect and I'm happy with how the image turned out. But what I am most happy with is that I have been getting really creative and making my own accessories! It's my own way of redefining "personal style."

Yours,
Nico


PS: There are new ways to follow along with Satin&Salt! You can like me on facebook by clicking here, if you're into twitter you can follow me here, and on pinterest here

7 comments:

  1. That's a cool pic Nico! Ok, you're designing jewelry too. You are just too much for me! WTG!!!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! It is crazy what you can do with a camera... the eyes are looking really like from another planet. But it is great!
    I really like the necklace too. When I was a small girl I used to carry a tiger's- eye stone with me in my pockets... I think my mother once told me that it will make me stronger :)
    I am following you too now :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought you put eyes on her eyelids with eye shawdow! haha

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a creepy effect with the shutter, cool!

    ReplyDelete

Positive comments are always appreciated!